In seven months, the 15th International Anti-Corruption Conference (15th IACC) will be held by Transparency International in Brasilia, Brazil. We're happy to see so many chances for us, young anti-corruption fighters, to participate in the global event! Here's the list of our opportunities:
- Social Entrepreneurship Initiative
- This competition calls for new ideas to 'boost transparency, accountability, and fight corruption.' Propose your anti-corruption project(s), and perhaps you'll be one of the three winners of 5,000 euros mini-grants to implement your idea! Winners will get a chance to participate in the 15th IACC, too.
- Young Journalists x Social Media Unit
- For young journalists of the Americas, this is a great opportunity to join the 15th IACC Social Media Unit! Up to 15 young journalists will be selected, meaning that you'll get invited to Brasilia to cover the conference and contribute to its social media channels. I was in the first Social Media Unit of 14th IACC in 2010 and it was a superb experience, so be sure to apply in time -- the deadline's 29 April 2012.
- IACC University
- Being faraway from Brasilia doesn't mean you can't participate in the 15th IACC. University students and lecturers are invited to select particular conference session to be broadcasted in the campus, then discuss it together. There will be opportunities to communicate directly with conference panellists as well.
- IACC Hackathon
- For the first time, IACC will feature a hack event -- perfect for hackers to help the fight against corruption by developing cutting-edge apps. So far there's no further information on this agenda yet, I'm pretty curious and excited to see what the IACC people have in their plan. Check the website regularly and/or subscribe to the newsletter to get updates.